* Presentations are available on the "Oil & Gas 2015" page under the Presentations tab.
January 12th – 15th, 2015
Frobisher Inn – Koojesse Room – Iqaluit, NU
Sponsored in part by Nunavut Mining Symposium Society and Government of Nunavut – Economic Development & Transportation
Formally the Nunavut Petroleum Workshop, the focus of the bi-annual event is changing and the format will now be the Oil & Gas Summit. The Summit’s purpose is to share information and identify issues, concerns and gaps that need to be addressed in order to develop a consensual path forward for future oil and gas exploration and possible development. Participants are invited as representatives of identified stakeholders (communities, organizations, governments) to help to determine the readiness for Oil & Gas Development or if Nunavut is not ready, determining next steps to assure readiness.
Core suggested outcomes include:
1. Identify issues, concerns and information gaps with respect to oil and gas development in Nunavut among a range of key stakeholder groups.
2. Discussion about whether Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) is a suitable regional planning tool for oil and gas issues.
3. Identification of lessons learned and possible advice for Nunavut based on oil and gas development in other frontier parts of Canada and Greenland
4. Discussion about future oil and gas permitting with respect to seismic programs
Fees: There is no fee to participate in the Summit; however, a completed registration form must be completed. You can do this online or scan and email the PDF form to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also fax it to 877-477-1290.
Invitations to stakeholders will make up the participants for the Oil and Gas Summit. This is a working conference. Morning and Afternoon coffee breaks are included each day. Breakfast and dinner are at the participant’s expense.
Accommodation: Frobisher Inn is the host hotel for the Oil & Gas Summit. A block of rooms have been set aside for participants. Book your accommodation by calling 867-979-2222 and quoting Group Code OGS15. Rooms are $235 (plus taxes) a night.
Getting to Iqaluit: Summit starts the evening of Monday January 12th and ends at 5pm on Thursday January 15th. Canadian North is pleased to provide discounted air-fare for participants attending the Oil and Gas Summit. To access the discount of 30% off lowest available fare (excluding seat sales), simply quote the code OGS15 to receive the discounted fare. This special rate is available for travel between Saturday January 10th through to Friday January 16th, 2015. Reservations can be made online at www.canadiannorth.com or by calling Canadian North Reservations Line: 1-800-661-1505.